Privacy Notice – Customer Notice
We are an Electronic Security systems installer and maintainer. Trading as Tops Security Solutions Ltd (“we,”us”,”our” or “Tops”) Our registered office is at 17 Starwest, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN57SW.
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy. This Policy – together with the Tops Rules and any other documents referred to on it- sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Tops is a “Data Controller” which means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. We are required – under data protection legislation- to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
This notice applies to all current / past customers and potential customers (quotes) of Tops Security Solutions Ltd.
What information do we collect?
To effectively carry out the design (quote) installation, payments and maintenance of electronic security systems to properties and premises we require you name, address, contact details, system details, system history.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use your personal data to:
Organise quotes, installations or servicing of your systems.
To enable your system monitoring, Police or Fire service response, agreed keyholder services / keyholders.
Deal with enquires, payments and complaints made by you relating to your installations.
If we need to use your personal information for any unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Disclosing your personal data to others
We will not share your personal data with others, unless:
- We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal details to comply with any legal obligation.
- Our business enters a joint venture with or is sold to or merged with another business. We may then share your personal details with our new business partners or owners.
Where your personal data is stored by Tops
We store all your personal data on a secure server, within the European Economic Area
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purpose of satisfying and legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data- the purpose for which we process your personal data- and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means – and the applicable legal requirements.
How secure is my data?
We have put in place appropriate measures to prevent your personal information from accidentally being lost, used or accesses in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (Commonly know as “data subject access request”) This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check if we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (See below)
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation that makes you want to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request a transfer of your personal information to another party.
- If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to a third party, please write to us at 17 Starwest, Swindon, SN57SW.
- You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or exercise any of the other rights) However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
Your right to complain
If you have any problems with the way we are handling your personal information you should contact the Information Commissioners Office. (ICO)
The ICO can be contacted by telephone on 0303 123 133 – Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm – or by email at email@example.com. You can also visit the ICO’s website by following this link : https://ico.org.uk
The Data controller responsible for your personal data is Tops Security Solutions Ltd.
Company Registration number: 5771238
Data Protection Registration number: CSN6546452
If you have any questions about this policy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact Tops on 01793 616626.